Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Pet Peeves

I hope these things aren't just things that bother me, but I guess this is just a list of my pet peeves and not a list of general pet peeves, so they very well could be things that just bother me. Generalities I find have very little importance. They may have importance in some experiments or questionnaires, but when something can be connected to someone you know or to yourself, it gives that something real meaning, meaning it didn't have before because it wasn't personalized. So maybe these are some of your pet peeves and maybe they're not, but either way they have meaning, whether they already did before I don't know, but they will.


Cutting fingernails or toenails somewhere where they shouldn't be cut, like church (and not just because it's loud) or anywhere where there isn't a trash can, sink, toilet or the outdoors. There is nothing worse than just finding a fingernail or toenail somewhere. Stepping on them when you're barefoot is even worse.


When you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or just a peanut butter sandwich (just peanut butter sandwiches are also a pet peeve of mine and not just because they mess up the pb&j acronym) don't leave any peanut butter on the knife. It is both a waste of peanut butter and a pain in the butt to clean, even for the dish washing machine. I could use a knife to put peanut butter on a piece of bread and when I'm done, the knife could be put back into the drawer. I don't do that, but just saying I've thought about it before. All you have to do is use the side of the jar and the other piece of bread.


Ok so this next one I think is a general pet peeve. Hair. Hair everywhere. Hair when it's not on your head or body is nasty. Hair in the sink, hair in the drain, or hair that somehow finds its way onto your clothes despite it not being your hair. Then you pull it off your clothes and drop it onto the ground, but your clothes have some sort of static cling so it somehow ends up back on you. Since this is a more common pet peeve I think that will suffice as far as an explanation goes.


Ball hogs. Just pass the ball for goodness sake. It doesn't matter what sport, nobody likes a ball hog. You might be good, but unless the game is really important help everyone have fun. Also if you're not getting paid it's probably not that important. Go play golf or some other one man sport.


Don't be a poser. I think we've all been posers before, yes, even I have, but thinking back that was stupid I should have been comfortable with who I was. So be yourself because if you're not being yourself then your my pet peeve.


I'm running out of pet peeves. I'm sure I have more, but I can't think of anymore right now so I guess I'll just add them when they come to me. Also I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to send a message to someone who did one of these things and thus bothered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment