Monday, December 13, 2010

Mustache: Attempt Two

Attempt two started around when the MLB playoffs started, so the beginning of October, and ended the day after my intramural soccer team lost, so Friday, December 3rd in the afternoon before I went to work. So, about two full months of growth. There were a bunch of reasons I did it, well the list of reasons I did it grew as I did it, but here are just a few and I'm not going to number them because no one was more important than any other or at least I don't want you to know that any one reason was more important than any other. Reasons: because I can, to show girlfriend that she had no control over me(relationship ended shortly after by me), so that I would never have to grow one again, all great men have or have had or can grow mustaches(general I know, but true), as a social experiment(more to come on this), I assumed it had some associated magical powers that I wanted to find out about, less to shave, it made me look older and classier according to two people and for fun.


















Why was growing a mustache a social experiment? I think by growing a mustache I was able to separate superficiality and realness in others. Superficial girls are disgusted by mustaches and they're mean about it. By having a mustache I think I separated the people who liked me for me from the people who liked me for the way I looked when I didn't have a mustache. My Mom told me there are girls who just don't like mustaches and she's probably right, but girls with hearts will tell you that after you shave it off or really nicely when you have it. OK, so growing a mustache isn't exactly a social experiment like a girl shaving her head, but don't tell that to the three people that I've convinced to grow mustaches by using that as a reason. Despite what my Mom said I still think it was a social experiment and plus my Mom just wants grandchildren so she would say that.

So my mustache isn't the thickest and it wasn't very dark until I dyed it with some Just for Men beard and mustache dye that I found in my grandparent's basement that probably belonged to my uncle and that I should have used twice, but I was satisfied and I had also ran out of excuses to keep growing it despite not really needing excuses. I just kept telling people I was going to shave it when this or that happened and eventually it caught up to me. I learned a lot about myself and my mustache growing ability, so all in all, it was a good experience.

I'm going to tentatively say that there will never be a Mustache: Attempt Three...

No comments:

Post a Comment