Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Break and Christmas Miracle

Last year everyone was home for Christmas. This year we're missing my brother who is in Thailand. Now I kind of know what everyone must have felt like when I was gone. Next year I'll most likely be the only son home and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It will be nice to get the bottom bunk, but it'll be super quiet and estrogen dominated, definitely weird.

Last year for Christmas my brother came home from college and listened to one song the whole time he was home over and over, Hey Soul Sister by Train. This year in order to keep him in our hearts and minds I decided to one up him and get multiple songs stuck in my families heads. So far so good. They all have at least two songs stuck in there heads and I still have over a week before I go back to school.

On Christmas Eve I got an envelope from the BYU Visual Arts Department. It had two letters inside of it. The one saying that I was not accepted into the Graphic Design program and the other saying I was not accepted into the Illustration program. After getting the letters I was kind of bummed even though I kind of was expecting it. I texted my friends and told them the news and that was that. At about ten that night we were getting ready to Skype with my brother and I checked my e-mail and saw that I had received an e-mail from Richard Hull, the Illustration Department head at BYU. In his e-mail he told me that the Illustration program had accepted twenty students into their program and I was number twenty one (that would have been a pretty sucky e-mail had he ended it there) and then he went on to inform me that someone else who had been accepted into the program decided to go another direction making me number twenty. So I got into the Illustration program and will start classes this January. Probably the best Christmas present I received this year.

I'm very optimistic as far as life this coming semester goes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment