Sunday, August 15, 2010

Electric Boogaloo

So around my freshman year of high school I got really into this TV show called Dance 360. It was hosted by Fredo Starr and Kel Mitchell with DJ K-Sly providing the beats for the dancers. They would pick six dancers out of the audience and then have them dance off. Until there were two left and eventually one. The winner would win $360 and an X-Box haha and sometimes even a cell phone from Boost Mobile. As you can tell from the incredible prizes this show was legit. The show was noted for its famous slogans: "Yo, Fredro, where you at?!", "Three six oooh", "Tag Your Man!*" and "Head To Head!". Here's a clip from one of my favorite episodes.



After I got hooked on this show I started looking up videos of people dancing on-line and discover my favorite styles, which are popping and electric boogaloo. I discovered the different nuances in the dancing world like dance crews and I would even do some dancing of my own, by myself and when no one else was watching. Sometimes I would give people a little taste at dances, but they were very small tastes. I am proud to say that I still dance by myself when no one is watching and maybe one day I will unleash.

Here's some examples of popping, electric boogaloo and some other awesome dancing from the best in the world. You might think it's weird and yeha some of it is weird, but it's also incredible that someone can do that with their body.



This last video is pretty long so I don't expect you to watch the whole thing, but when I watch it I'm not completely sure whether this man is human at all.



So yeah another one of my crazy hobbies. Let's groove tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment